Recipe Martabak Manis / Terang Bulan
A delicious dish that few can say no to. A thick stuffed sweet pancake with a filling of chocolate and nuts.
250 grams flour
1 teaspoon yeast
150g granulated sugar
375 cc warm coconut milk
¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Grated nuts, unsalted
- Sesame seeds
- Granulated sugar
- Chocolate sprinkles
- grated cheese
- condensed milk
1. Heat the coconut milk to just below boiling, stir in the yeast through until well blended and frothed, then set aside.
2. Then mix the flour, sugar and the eggs into it until smooth. Add the baking soda and stir the mixture again. Let rest at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes.
3. Heat the martabak pan that has been greased with butter or margarine. Pour the batter into it (about 1 cm thick) and bake on low to moderate temperature untill the top surface is dry and the bottom layer crispy brown.
4. Remove the thick crepe from the pan onto a cutting board.
5. Sprinkle granulated sugar on the pancake and condensed milk. As desired, you can use grated cheese, fried grated nuts, chocolate sprinkles or sesame seeds to put on the pancake. You can also combine!
6. Cut the pancake into two halves and place it with the top two sides together. Now cut into about 10 pieces.
7. Selamat Makan!
Tip: Depending on the sweetness of the filling, you can optionally add to the batter a teaspoon of vanilla sugar. Do this together with the baking soda.
Please tell us and all visitors of Waroeng.nl, Your Indonesian Webshop! your opinion about this article.