Recipe Kue Semprong:
The indonesian version of Love Letters.
- 260 gram rice flour
- 150 gram granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp. cinnamon powder
- 450 cc coconut milk
- cooking oil for greasing
- Electric mixer
- Kue Semprong Mould
- Mix the flour and sugar thoroughly. Add beaten eggs, stir well.
- Pour the coconut milk and cinnamon into the flour mixture. Stir well.
- Heat the cookie mold over a low flame, grease with cooking oil.
- Put 2 Tbs. of dough into mold and smooth out with the back of the spoon.
- Close the mold by joining the two halves. Bake over a low flame on each side for about 5 minutes.
- After the dough is golden brown, roll it right away. Let it cool.
- Roll the dough when it is still hot. If not, the cookie will dry out and will not be able to be rolled. To be safe, roll while the cookie is still in the mold over heat. Start by hand, then roll again with the help of a small spatula.
- Keep the dough not too thin but not too thick. If it is too watery or thin, the dough will not be able to stick to the mold, and will spread out of place. Because the dryness of rice flour varies, do a test: if it is too watery, add flour. If it is too thick, add water.
-For variation you can fill the roll with something like whipped cream. Or use your imagination.
For 20-30 pcs.