This is an Indonesian traditional desert, becoming quite rare nowadays. Why? Is it in this modern era cookies are more populair? What do you think? Do we need to preserve traditional Indonesian cake? Can Putu Mayang compete with modern cakes?
Putu Mayang Ingredients:
- 250 grams of rice flour
- 50 ml water
- approximately 300 ml boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- red and green food coloring to taste
Sauce Putu Mayang Ingredients :
- 1 liter of coconut milk
- 2 sheets of pandan leaves
- salt to taste
- 300 grams of brown sugar, grinded
- Mix rice flour with water. Wrap the dough in a thin cloth. Heat the steamer and steam for 10 minutes.
- Mix the dough with boiling water gradually, stirr until blended equally.
- >Divide the dough into three parts, add green dye to 1 part, red dye to 1 part and let the rest remain white.
- Put the mixture in the pressing mould, and press portions on banana leaves.
- Heat the steamer, steam dough until cooked for 15 minutes.
- Sauce: Mix all ingredients, boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, until boiling. Then sieve.
- Serve Putu Mayang with sauce.
- Selamat makan
For 10 bowls.
- Enter a sufficient amount of boiling water, if the dough is soft and can be pressed, stop adding boiling water.
- If you want a more savory Putu Mayang, replace boiling water with coconutmilk.