Recipe Kue Pandan
Kue means cake Pandan is the name for the leaves of the Pandanus plant, in Indonesia is it quite commonly used in sweet dishes for its scent and taste.
- 7 eggs yolk
- 120 gram sugar
- 100 cc water
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp creme of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 jars pandan extract (or less if you want light green color)
- 75 cc vegetable oil
- 7 eggs white
- 80 gram sugar
- 180 gram cake meal
- 3 bowls
- Cake pan
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Mix together the eggs yolk and sugar until they are fluffy and creamy for about 25 minutes.
- In the mean time make a mix of water, oil, pandan extract, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Make also a mix of the eggs white and sugar in a separate bowl. Mix together for about 10 minutes with the mixer until you get a fluffy mixture. Set aside.
- Add the cake meal in the eggs yolk mixture. Stir it until the meal well mixed with the mixture. Then add the mixture of oil, water and pandan extract. Stir it gently until everything well mixed. And for the last thing, add the fluffy eggs white mixture. Stir them well and pour in a buttered cake pan, and bake it in the oven for about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour and before you take them out of the oven, make sure that the cake is really done by inserting a sate skewer into the cake. When you take it out and you have no wet part on the skewer, then the cake is really done.
For 20 portions.
Please tell us and all visitors of Waroeng.nl, Your Indonesian Webshop! your opinion about this article.