Recipe Kue Mangkok
Famous Indonesian steamcakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 gr tape sing kong
- 125 gr sugar
- 150 ml boiling water
- 175 g rice flour
- 175 ml cold water
- 200 ml club soda
- red/green dye
- 75 gr flour
1. Mix rice flour with cold water. While stirring, add the tape, salt and sugar.
2. Mix the flour with boiling water. Mix 1 and 2 well.
3. Let it rest for 1 to 2 hours.
4. Then add the bakingpowder, club soda (sparkling water) and add red/green dye. Stir well and sieve.
5. Put batter into the tins (preheated, but not greased!) Steam about 30 minutes.
- While steaming, do not open lid.
- Sprinkle some rasped coconut on top of the cakes.
Please tell us and all visitors of Waroeng.nl, Your Indonesian Webshop! your opinion about this article.