Recipe Kue Ku
For the filling
- 85 grams peeled green beans, soaked for 1 hour
- 60 grams sugar
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1 / 4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pandan leaf
For the crust:
- 200 grams of glutinous rice flour
- 50 grams icing sugar
- 75 grams of steamed potatoes, mashed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 / 2 teaspoon salt
- 125 ml coconut milk (1 / 4 coconut)
- red dye
- some banana leaves
1. Steam the green beans in 30 minutes or until tender.
2. Cook the green beans, sugar, coconut milk, salt and pandan leaf and stir until smooth.
3. Mix glutinous rice flour, sugar, flour, potatoes,oil and salt. Add the coconut milk and dye little at a time, stirring until smooth and creamy.
4. Make a ball of the crust dough, make that flat and add some filling. Close the filling into the dough,and make an oval sphere.
5. Sprinkle with the Kue Ku shape with some glutinous rice flour. Push the sphere in the form.
6. Remove from the mould.
7. Place on banana leaf,which is slightly oiled.
8. Steam for 10 minutes over medium heat. Every 2 to 3 minutes open the steamer and let steam escape.
9. After steaming, rub a little oil on the cookies.
11. Selamat makan!
Tip: If you wait too long to let the steam escape, the crust breaks open.