The recipe for Kue Pisang Jepang (Japanese Banana Cake or Banana Cotton Cake)
150 grams of ripe banana, chopped
7 egg yolks
50 grams of sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pasta banana flavor (flavoring)
150 grams of wheat flour, (low in protein)
1/4 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 tablespoon baking soda
50 grams of margarine, melted
50 grams of long-life milk
7 egg whites
125 grams of sugar
brown chocolate, melted
yellow chocolate, melted (made from white chocolate with dark yellow foodcoloring. Green can be used too!)
Kue Pisang Jepang Cups.
1. Mix all the ingredients of Part A until fluffy mass.
2. Mix all the ingredients of Part B to this mass until smooth.
3. Mix all the ingredients of Part C to this mass and set aside.
4 Mix all the ingredients of Part D to light and stiff.
5. Mix the two masses together until smooth.
6. Fill a piping bag and fill the greased moulds for about 80%.
7. Bake in the oven about 30 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
8. Allow to cool and remove from the moulds.
9. Decoration: brush the cakes with melted yellow chocolate, let cool slightly and apply some dark accents like real bananas with chocolate brown.
10 Selamat Makan!